Saturday, March 30, 2013

Investor Comments


These are just a few of the comments we have received from investors since we started the blog more than a month ago. Most are not plaintiffs in the civil action.


  • Thanks for informing me of what has happened regarding PCF. I have lost 6 figure dollars due to the scam artist's PCF. I have just received "Notice of Chapter 11 bankrupcy by PCF" from the Court, which says there will be a meeting of creditors on May 2, 2013 in a Santa Ana building.  I do not like this Chapter 11 thing as this scam artist will drag the whole process while enriching this artist and his underlings by management fees  etc.  I think the victims of PCF try to get Chapter 7 of PCF liquidation in some way. March 28, 2013 3:35 PM

  • Thank you for your work on this matter. I too was refused contact information on fellow investors by pcf. March 27, 2013 5:18 PM

  • I invested in Land and Cattle, Summerwinds (crooked deal lost $50,000),money markets and one more which I believe is something else. If you gave me a list I would remember. It was a terrible year to say the least. Maybe this is why I can't remember anything - going into shock from all of the crooks that are in the world. Guess just naive that people are honest. March 27, 2013 10:43 PM

  • Re: CalComm Capital - Definitely looks like he is setting up the same scam. March 26, 2013 8:01 PM


  • My wife and I are pool investors and were not aware that Point Center had declared bankruptcy. Where can we find out about our investments? March 26, 2013 4:34 PM


  • I have been receiving your emails and have been in touch in the past with Lloyd Charton.  I just received a request [from Point Center] for funds for the {redacted} property.  I am not sending them a dime ever.  I wonder how we as investors who are sick of this whole mess can discuss this with other investors in this property.  It would seem to me that a lot of investors in this property would like to discuss what is going on as a group.  Dan Harkey has refused to give contact information for the other investors in this property.  Can we get something started through this group, so that we can communicate with other investors in our investments.  Seems as though you have a good forum started here, but it has not really caught on yet. March 22, 2013 1:06 PM

  • I think he [Harkey] is cashing out and doing something with all that money!! March 26, 2013 9:44 AM

  • I also want justice to be done.  Harkey really hurt a lot of people badly with his greed and self interests.  It's weird to me.  He said he started as a school teacher.  A teacher turned crook.  Might be a movie theme. March 25, 2013 9:16 PM

  • My wife and I invested $200,000 into Dan Harkey's pyramid scheme. My {redacted} also has been duped by this man.  Please add my name and email address to your list and anything I can possibly do to help our cause please let me know. March 25, 2013 3:08 PM

  • Thank you for expending time and effort on behalf of the investors.  I do not take this work for granted. March 25, 2013 3:08 PM

  • Keep up the good work to keep all investors aware of PCF's behavior. DH relies on investors not knowing what is going on so they cannot act collectively. It will be interesting to get DOJ's take on the PCF "restructuring" Chapter 11 program to pay back investors- DOJ representatives are increasingly aware of the real motives behind the Chapter 11 filing due to your and other investor's efforts to provide information relative to this case. March 25, 2013 2:49 PM

  • Thank you for updating me and do keep me on the list. I have 350K on 6 TD loans at stake. March 25, 2013 2:49 PM

  • Just what do you hope to accomplish out of all this. There is no money to be had. March 25, 2013 2:41PM

  • Thank you so very much of taking the time to explain this travesty. I hope that the court case will reveal the total truth and that all of us investors will some day recoup a portion (albeit small) of our investments in this Ponzi Scheme. Please keep me and the other investors abreast of the latest developments and what can be done to right this ship. March 25, 2013 2:37PM

  • I do not want to be left out in the cold due to the misappropriation of funds and misleading action of Dan Harkey and PCF. March 25, 2013 1:24AM

  • Many thanks for your update. March 25, 12:59 AM

  • Is it late to join the lawsuit? March 25, 2013 12:16 AM

  • Myself and family members are PCF investors. Together, we invested a very substantial amount with Harkey & Co.  Obviously, I don't need to describe the crimes Harkey & Co. have, and continue to commit.  It's like he fired a stealth torpedo, and "broadsided" many families and individuals....who, as a result, have been critically hurt financially, if not ruined by his premeditated and methodical designs. I despise criminals of this nature, and want to see Harkey brought to justice, pay back every penny he has stolen, and go to jail. As far as I'm concerned, he is a small version of Bernie Madoff. This man Harkey, his wife, and Gwen Melanson must be stopped and put where they belong, in prison where they can contemplate their crimes. March 24, 2013 11:23PM

  • Thanks for the update, and the links you provided.  I was not aware that Point Center had actually filed for bankruptcy. March 24, 2013 8:33PM

  • Congratulations!   We are so happy for all the plaintiffs,and pray that justice will be served, yahoo! March 24, 2013 5:42 PM

  • I am an investor who invested $150K and lost most of it.  How can I be involved in this lawsuit? MArch 24, 2013 4:38PM

  • As you may know, we have already received the pittance that PCF received for the sale of our invested property.  However, I am still interested in what happens to these people.  It is still difficult for me to understand how someone who is supposed to be in the investment business could be so poor at their due diligence before putting our money into a company that turns around a few days later and needs to borrow more funds. March 21, 2013 9:39 PM

  • I am an investor with PCF. I want Diane Harkey out of office, and both Harkey's exposed for who they truly are. March 21, 2013 3:07 AM

  • Through lies and deception, the  Harkey's have been able to maintain their lifestyle, while many of us have lost everything. March 21, 2013 1:29 AM

  • My interest in this is anything that will help me recover the terrible losses I have suffered. March 20, 2013 10:41PM

  • There will be a day when these two thieves will be found guilty and sent away. March 20, 2013 10:08 PM

  • I’ve lost $100,000.00 with Harkey and would help but am now living in {redacted} far away from the fraud and deceit of the Harkey’s.  Know that I am with all of you and that I support your every effort.  Keep up all you do.  I could sure use the money I lost as I am 73 years old and still working to make ends meet. March 17, 2013 4:04 PM

  • It is appalling they both are continuing as they are after what they have done to so many. March 15, 2013 7:54 PM

  • I have about $300,000 with him spread out in {redacted}. I have conversations with Dan who said he was going through a "rough patch" but that he has been thru this before and can handle it. And now, I wonder? He never mentioned the bankruptcy. He seemed to be a nice guy. I am VERY disappointed with him and my poor judgment. March 15, 2013 3:59 PM

  • What is going on? Has Dan gone bankrupt? Is he he dishonest? I have several hundred thousands of dollars with him. Is that money gone? March 15, 2013 2:59 PM

  • With all the lawsuits and heavy losses by the Harkey's and point center, will there be anything left to recover when all is said and done. The Harkey's have probably stashed and hidden millions in secret accounts God only knows where. Seems like the crooks always win. March 2, 2013 10:17 AM

  • I am one of the investors and was not aware of the Bankruptcy... March 1, 2013 4:28 PM

  • Perhaps the walls are caving in on these screwballs..... March 1, 2013 11:47 AM

2 comments:

  1. Indio Citrus Ranch loan
    This is a 22,000,000 refi loan on some unimproved dessert property around Indio.
    Looked like a good loan with an appraised value of 63,000,000. I made a fractional buy in March, 2007.
    This loan has gone bad but we are given some hope that we might get a piece of our loan back.
    The amount the property was originally bought for was 13,930,325 in Sept, 2003. I took a second look at the appraisal and the comps are really off the wall. This left about 8 million to split up between Dan and the lender.
    Dan Harkey has pulled all of his fees up front so he is living comfortably on my money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regrettably, Point Center's $63mm appraisal was misrepresented as an "As Is" appraisal, but the land was not entitled nor zoned for residential, and the borrowers plan was tied up with litigation issues. Furthermore, like Point Center's other failed investments, this loan appears to have been critically underfunded. While there was a lot of paper collected and compiled, there were numerous critical items missing necessary for thorough due diligence.

    It therefore comes as no surprise that this property became another foreclosure and allowed to deteriorate under Point Center management.

    ReplyDelete